(keitai-l) Re: The future of mobile messaging, was: Re: Image manipulation application roundup

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 11/09/02
eNTiTy Ken wrote:

> the main problem now is the handset manufacturers' capabilities
> overwhelm that of the PDC networks, but now with high-resolution
> displays (J-T08) and fast CPUs (SuperH or ARM9) we can have kind
> of animation call based on text messaging!
> (1) first the parties download the software and exchange their
> character models, both facial and voice.  it takes sometime but
> only once.

oh, its not a technical problem at all...

> it'll be an attractive service over old infrastructure (SMS?),
> and is well suited for the de'ai site users to negotiate an
> enjokosai.  one factor behind the wireless messaging boom, and
> one of the reasons that I don't think the real video call will
> take-off is that Japanese are very shy people, but shameless
> when hidden behind a mask, like in the traditional "no" art.

And here talks the expert who calls himself "Ken" ;)

Just to remind you: This "discussion" we just have utilizes
a 30 year old technology: email.

Animation:
A room stuffed with gadgets, gadgets, more gadgets and
blinkenlights. In between a geek who jumps up and down and
screams over and over again "it's technical possible and
everybody needs it!! Hehehehe!!!".

Juergen

PS: Don't take this personal. I am a mean ^H^H^H^H realistic
person. (^-^)/~