(keitai-l) Re: Wireless P2P?

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 11/11/02
The range is short but moreover IR is directional. The benefit of BT etc =
is that you could be sitting in a bar and get picked off by an unknown =
competitor (or picked up, depending on the app design!)

D is putting a big enough push behind the IR that they have dedicated TV =
ads. I think they feature three IR apps:
- Geo/video rental
- karaoke ordering
- exchanging personal info

Has anyone played with the ObEx stuff enough to have an opinion about =
the IR java APIs? seemed very high level to me (exchanging v-card type =
stuff) rather than being able to do anything gamelike.

/dc

http://www.appelsiini.net/keitai-l/=20