(keitai-l) J-Phone MIDlet - NEC download service woes

From: Chris Wooldridge <Chris.Wooldridge_at_bullant.com.au>
Date: 11/13/02
Hi,

We have a MIDlet that we are deploying for J-Phone handset via the NEC
download service. The MIDlet makes considerable use of HTTP based networking
has been extensively tested on Nokia handsets on a GPRS network in
Australia.

Getting the thing onto the actual J-Phone handset via NEC is proving
problematic, however.

We have uploaded the jad/jar to the NEC staging server via SFTP. Apparently,
NEC run a series of tests over the JAD/JAR and, if these tests pass the
MIDlet is moved to the live server from which it can be downloaded to the
handset.

Our application is failing one or more tests. Unfortunately, NEC do not
provide any feedback as to why the MIDlet failed the test, nor do they
provide any support.

Has anyone been through this process and can share any information on what
is tested? We are currently investigating J-Phone specific JAD file entries,
J-Phone specific classes required, file encoding or any non-standard
requirements for J-Phone MIDLets.

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Thank you,

Chris Wooldridge