(keitai-l) Re: 3d displays

From: Mark Frieser <mark_at_consect.com>
Date: 11/19/02
Gerhard,

While I agree with you that Natsuno is by no means stupid (in fact he is one
of the smarter people in the mobile business), I think Ken was being a
little tongue in cheek with his remark regarding Natsuno's intelligence.

Anyway, to say that he is responsible for creating the mobile internet
market single-handed, and not giving J-Phone and KDDI any credit for their
innovations and successes is not really telling the whole story. Ez-Web and
J-Sky certainly were launched after imode, but saying that DoCoMo created
100% of the mobile Internet is like saying J-Phone created 100% of the
camera phone market or that KDDI created 100% of the GPS mobile services
market.

Just because a company was the  first mover does not mean it is 100%
responsible for the market, even a company as successful and large as
DoCoMo.

Best,

Mark