(keitai-l) Re: cdma2000 1x vs W-CDMA

From: wimjam <wimjam_at_gmx.co.uk>
Date: 12/02/02
Why would they want to move all users to 3G?
  The issue of dual-mode handsets PDC/FOMA would resolve that issue in
the year(s) to come...

the battery issue is a problem but because of the backing of huge
players (Nokia, Ericsson, Sony, Nec,...) it would be amazing that could
not figure out how to prolonge battery life... but off course it will
take a while.

same goes for indoor coverage... whether you are running WCDMA, GSM,
CDMA, or the lot you still have poor indoor coverage with only outdoor
basestations... so the vendors are bringing in indoor base stations...
(picocells)...
As you said, with enough will (and money) I am sure they can figure out
the issues.

W.