(keitai-l) Re: cdma2000 1x vs W-CDMA

From: wimjam <wimjam_at_gmx.co.uk>
Date: 12/03/02
This is true about the Docomo research facilities.... during the initial
RFQ process for the vendors they requested bare boxes (HW) from the
suppliers... they would hack the for the SW together themselves...
Currently I believe Docomo is teaming up with Ericsson, NEC and probably
Fujitsu...
for the J-Phone network this is Ericsson (again), NEC (again) and
Nokia... (I might be missing somebody here)(and note NEC is moving
because Ericsson fails to get its kit ready).Further their network will
be R99 compliant. but expect a lot of interoperability problems here as
the SW is developed seperately (each vendor with their own
interpretation of the standard), while Docomo had the honours of doing
it themselves...

About the data service technology. I wouldnt expect big discrepencies,
because Docomo (again having a lot of money helps), is pushing for WAP
2.0 = next generation i mode... So both of them would be merging towards
 a common standard (with the best and the worst of WAP and i mode).

I guess it will really be interesting game to watch.

w.