(keitai-l) Re: J-PHONE/Vodaphone Global Platform Specification (JSCL) API

From: Andrew Sandes <andrew_at_asiaentry.com>
Date: 12/04/02
You can get information in Japanese from the J-Phone site.
However, there is A LOT of information missing from their basic "free" J2ME
specs.
You only get this missing information if you pay 100,000yen to join their
developer program.
Standard MIDP will work on the J-Phone emulator (also free download from
their site) but this will not work on their actual phones.
There is a reasonable amount of customization needed to get your standard
Java MIDP app to work live on a phone in Japan.
We have developed MIDP apps that work in both the US and Australia but not
in Japan.
Good luck!