(keitai-l) Re: Jelly finger fools biometric sensor

From: Stuart Woodward <stuart_at_gol.com>
Date: 12/05/02
On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 09:50:25 -0800 (PST)
Jay <wirelessjava@yahoo.com> wrote:

> You can defeat some figure print security systems with a Gummy Bear.
> Take an imprint of you finger on a heated gummy bear.  Take an
> impression of your finger and put it on the finger reader.   This has
> been done on mainy finger systems.   I personally used to program
> biometric hand readers

Hey that might be a selling point in Japan, You could give a trusted
person your gummy bear and they could authorize transactions on your
behalf, kind of like a biometric hanko. <grin>

While we are the topic of biometric sensors for keitais. Wouldn't a
voice print analyser be a more suitable biometric sensor for a keitai? I
guess the hardware is not powerful enough yet to do this on the handset.