(keitai-l) Re: Animated Gifs on Canvas Screen

From: Paul Lester <paul.lester_at_l8tech.com>
Date: 12/18/02
    This isn't my area of expertise, but I distinctly remember us having
interesting experiences in using animated gifs on DoJa awhiles back.

    The solution was to animate them with Java, and not to use animated gifs.
The emulators, and each phone handled it differently, and some of them didn't handle
animated gifs at all.  So it was effectively hopeless.

    Maybe you will find a workaround. If not, use threads and animate them manually.
That will work, but don't ask me for the details.  I've been stuck doing other
cool keitai stuff for the last few years and having gotten around to much keitai-java
programming in particular.

    You can use a number of programs to take apart animated gifs.... I think I use
Microsoft Gif Animator (ugh..... but I don't use it much).

    Flash 4.0 will do the job as well if you own a copy.  Else I think GIMP for linux
works too.

    I may be wrong, since I speaking based on conversations and not experience.

tek1 wrote:

> i tried it the other day and it didn't work.  it just displayed a static image.
>
> At 18:42 02/12/17 +0900, you wrote:
> >I know this might seem to be a simple question... but i really need to know
> >how to display animated gifs when using canvas instead of panel (DoJa 2.0).
> >When using panel, we use the VisualPresenter right? I really have no idea
> >what to do since I'm using Canvas on one iAppli i'm making. anything would
> >be helpful! thanks...
> >

> >-- Binary/unsupported file stripped by Ecartis --
> >-- Type: application/ms-tnef
> >-- File: winmail.dat
> >

> >This mail was sent to address tek1@pobox.com
>
> This mail was sent to address paul.lester@lincmedia.co.jp

*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*F=m(dv/dt)
Paul B. Lester
theta division
LincMEDIA Group:(Layer-8 Technologies Inc)
Chief Engineer
Programmer/Chakumelo engineer/DBA/QA etc
EMAIL: paul_lester@lincmedia.co.jp
--
http://www.thetamusic.com/
http://myc.thetamusic.com/