(keitai-l) Re: the most popular search engines for imode ?

From: Funk <funk_at_rieb.kobe-u.ac.jp>
Date: 02/06/03
I have interviewed a number of the firms that offer portals and search
engines in the japanese mobile internet. the most successful search engines
are Oh New (digital street), girls walker (xavel), and Yahoo! Japan. the
search engines are not very successful in terms of PVs due to the due to
the difficulties of conducting any form of searches on the mobile phone's
small screens and keyboards (even for CDs on a mobile shopping site). Girls
walker does the best of these three with mail magazines while site creation
services are also successful. girl's walker has used its mail magazines to
become a leader in mobile shopping, magic island (TOS) has used its site
creation services to move users to its ringing tone site, and Oh New
finally has done better in terms of page views since it started a site
creation service (but still little income due to problems with banner
advertising). contact me offline for more information.
jeff funk

http://www.rieb.kobe-u.ac.jp/~funk/index.html