(keitai-l) Re: invoke i-Appli by mail

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 02/23/03
I am also interested in this .. I think i have the mail part answers but =
not the java part.

You can supposedly invoke an appli from mail - its called "appliMail", =
and it works supposedly like pictureMail (docomos branding names for =
these mova features). Though i have never seen it used.

PictureMail works like this:

If you email a URL to someone which ends in .gif , then your mail client =
displays the URL.
If you click the URL the image will load right within your mail client - =
embedded. Try forwarding this'
=E3=80=93POOh=E3=80=93http://www.aga7.com/hakaba/gazou/0207/img/po1.gif

if you click a <http://foo.html> link obviously the browser gets =
launched.

so what happens if you mail an absolute jam urn?

I tried this with a random JAM=20
http://www.puni-nikuq.com/files/iappli/BooFightX.jam

... and got an error :-(
This could be because this particular JAM was not setup with the right =
LaunchByMail" in ASF Configurations... ?
Maybe someone else on the list has another variation of sending these =
type of links, or somehow linking to ADF or JAR data

The "auto launching" that people talk about I believe is a handset =
setting. For example on my P504 I can set images (pictureMail) to auto =
download at open or reception. But default is manual download eg click =
.gif link.
I remember a similar setting for applimail, but it might have just been =
on the N. I cant seem to find it now on the P.

btw I dont see with this setup how one could pass parameters to the =
appli.

I also suspect this implementation is quite esoteric and handset =
dependent since noone uses it.

This is different from the doja2 feature whereby a running appli can =
query if there is any new unread mail - someone else mentioned. This is =
a fairly well documented doja api call.=20
With the 505 its also pretty well published for trusted applis there is =
access to a lot of the phones native files, such as images, email etc.

/dc

//  somebody told me that it is possible to invoke the i-Appli from just =
the
//  trigger of mail  arrival. that the arrival of mail invokes some =
waiting
//  iAppli.
// =20
//  or may be its mAppli ..... dont have much idea about it.
// =20
//  so is there any way to invoke iAppli (or mAppli or=20
//  some_form_i_dont_know) to
//  invoke just by the mail arrival event, without user have to go=20
//  to the mail
//  and click on the link.