(keitai-l) Re: Brew

From: Ben Hutchings <ben_at_decadentplace.org.uk>
Date: 02/25/03
On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 05:38:20PM +0900, Christian Anderson wrote:

> > yea. its neat. i chose the a5302ca because it was the lightest and a5304t
> > doesnt seem to have java (only brew).
>
> Speaking of which, what is Brew?  I noticed it has it, but didn't do any
> reading up on it.

ActiveX for the Qualcomm handset architecture, or that's how it looks.
BREW apps contain ARM code that runs natively on the handset and can
do pretty much anything a factory-installed app can do (but using a
common API).  They have to be signed by the network operator.

--
Ben Hutchings  |  personal web site: http://womble.decadentplace.org.uk/
Anthony's Law of Force: Don't force it, get a larger hammer.