(keitai-l) Re: nokia imode text

From: Paul Lester <paul_at_thetamusic.com>
Date: 03/11/03
    Hi all;

        My perspective is that if Nokia and Siemans have some
decent technical people, put them in Japan or Europe and
give them a month, I think they could build an imode emulator
for their phones.  I-mode isn't a big hulking scary thing after all.
cHTML is no big deal.  It just depends how many other i-mode
related things they want to support like ringtones, i-appli
and other stuff.  But I think if they just hire 10 good technical
people and give them 1 month, it would be no problem
to get a nice bug-free imode thing for their phones.

    I think both Siemanns and Nokia could do that.  The question
is will they do that or decide to hire only 2 or 3 people and
put out a junky imode thing for their phones.

    There are lots of smart people out there on the job hunt,
(not me though), and it shouldn't be hard to find and hire them.

    What I don't understand is why they haven't done it
earlier and why they aren't in the Japanese market already.
Nokia is huge in the USA.

    I saw Ericcson not do too well in Japan though, but it looked
to me that it was because they just paid all their employees
way higher salaries than they needed to so that they weren't
profitable, and thus had some problems.  I wish they would have
done better.  Everyone I knew liked those old ER20X phones.
A friend there told me they were working on the ER503i but I
never saw it come to market.

-Paul Lester
paul@thetamusic.com