(keitai-l) Re: Group calls - 3G killer app?

From: Tom Hume <tom_at_futureplatforms.com>
Date: 04/01/03
My £0.02: group text messaging is more compelling than group calls, as it
doesn't rely on every party being available to speak there and then, and
allows quick distribution of info. Having said that, I think they're both
valuable services, and an obvious product for operators to offer: a natural
step on from 1-1 communication is 1-many.

The fact that group calling has always been available, but isn't yet used,
doesn't necessarily indicate it's not of interest to customers - SMS has
been in GSM phones since day one but took a while to get popular.