(keitai-l) Re: new 505i phones (Java)

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 04/11/03
keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:
>    Bandwidth is like a precious resource like oil, computer memory,
>hard disk space, water, or uranium.  It shouldn't be wasted.  But we all
>do (including me), so I'm not the one that should be saying so.

I am not sure I would go this far - but threads like this do bring out the
"ee by gum - when 'ah were a lad" type thoughts.

30k?!

yee gods - I learned to hack on a  Sinclair ZX80 with 1 whole K, shared
with the screen....

>    The hard thing to do is to keep things both very short and very
>simple.
>But thats what good programming is all about.  DoCoMo's size limit
>helps us to do just that while the larger size limits of the other
>providers act as a force against this.

Quite right too - maintainability leads to such BORING  fat-arsed code
that waddles through the processor like a pregnant duck. A lost skill,
alas, writing super lean code...

What is the size of the cpu cache on these phones?

Nick

(who, admittedly, has never tried coding java on a keitai...)