(keitai-l) Re: SmartPhones will kill consumer PDAs?

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 04/23/03
Giovanni Bertani wrote:

> I suppose the P2P sharing is not a big issue in Japan as PC usage and=20
> broadband has a lower penetration than EU and US.

I don't agree that PC usage and Broadband has a lower penetration in
Japan than in EU and USA.

That was true a couple of years ago, it's difficult to measure
accurately, but my guess is that today PC usage and
broadband penetration in Japan is higher than in the EU on
average.
PC usage in the US is probably somewhat higher than in Japan,
but broadband penetration is almost certainly higher in Japan
than in US.

Gerhard

Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/
Find us in "IBM developerWorks" and in "Chemical & Engineering News":
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-elite8.html
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8049/8049bus1.html