(keitai-l) Re: J-SH53 announced on 4/24

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 04/25/03
> complex problems generally require bigger programs and faster processors.
> and who says that java is the solution to all mobile problems? I didn't say so.

No offend, Jeff. I just fail to see the "complex problems" in business
applications. The only applications who require "bigger programs and
faster processors" are games. And that's what i-appli are used for
mostly anyway.

It's always more difficult to create exciting software to the masses
than specialized software for a small user group which are required
to use it (e.g. they lose their job if they don't obey and they can be
trained).

So public mass software need fancy interfaces (which require memory),
while specialized software can look simple or even crappy, as long as
it works for the specific purpose.

A good example, albeit but not wireless is good ol' German software
maker SAP...catastrophic interfaces, expensive training lessons for
the users, but the business model works.

And a good example for a bad designed i-appli for the masses is
the new CNN i-appli. I resided exactly 15 seconds on my phone
before I deleted it.

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing:  http://nooper.co.jp