(keitai-l) Re: SMS and URLs

From: Jeffrey L. Funk <funk_at_iir.hit-u.ac.jp>
Date: 05/08/03
Actually my question was aimed at how operators can move users from SMS
messages to browser-based services like WAP or i-mode in Europe. Can
european operators use "WAP push" to move users from SMS to WAP sites and
their WAP portals? Similarly can european supporters of i-mode use an
i-mode form of "WAP push" to move users from SMS to i-mode? I believe these
questions have implications for competition between i-mode and SMS and
implications for how european operators will eventually move from SMS to
some form of browser-based service.
cheers,
jeff