(keitai-l) Re: Weird press release from Nokia

From: Mark Frieser <mark_at_consect.com>
Date: 05/12/03
I must say, the "explosion of SMS in the Japanese market" is a real news
item for me.  Who'd have though, especially considering that PDC handsets
aren't even equipped.

I mean, don't get me wrong here, and if I stand corrected, so be it, but
isn't it still the case that there are no 2-2.5G services that are SMS based
in Japan?

Only WCDMA services have SMS, I believe.

Anyway, Nokia, you go girl!  Great spin.  Now if they could only get their
phones to sell in the Japanese market.

Mark