(keitai-l) Re: i-mode subscribers numbers Q1 2003 - H3G problems

From: Giovanni Bertani <giovanni.bertani_at_exsense.com>
Date: 05/13/03

> As an EX E-Plus i-mode subscriber I can only say that the N21i is the
> crapiest phone available in Germany today. I had to recharge every 20
> hours.
> Frequently, the phone would freeze or reset itself.
>
> If you ask me, the most important thing I want to do with a phone is
> still
> to make and receive calls. I need a phone that lasts 4 days without
> recharging and that works when I need it. Those are absolut "hygiene
> factors", they do not make me buy the phone, but they just HAVE TO BE
> THERE.
> In case of the N21i, they just aren't, which is the reason why I just
> sold
> it over E-Bay (how can you pay 105 EUR for it???) and canceled my
> i-mode
> subscription.

3/H3G has exactly the same problems With NEC e606. The handset
batteries last 2-3 hours  with intense data usage and a 10 hours with
average voice calls.

The handover between UMTS and GSm cells is not supported so when you
pass from UMTS to GSM you loose the call and data.

Data is really undependable and connected to a PC is capable of a peak
of 10kbs downstream....

Bluetooth is limited only to data connection so you can use it to
connect
the Nec e606 to a PC for modem use.

Finally... the interface is ages behind any Nokia in usability...

I hope this will change with the new Motorola A920:

http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/3244.html

Giovanni