(keitai-l) Re: (keitai) Clossing Walled Gardens and Java vs. NativeApplications

From: Shawn <javajunkie_at_koyuru.com>
Date: 05/14/03
Too kind, just read the specs a little.

> Hi Shawn,
  you have an =
> extremely strong grasp of what MIDP 2.0 offers.

> locating some sample MIDP 2.0 source code that can stress/demonstrate =
> the new Graphics and Gaming APIs within MIDP 2.0, do you have any ideas =
> or pointers that could help me?

I'm currently using the higher level apis in MIDP 1.0 so can't,
unfortunately, offer anything myself --just not a consumate gamer though
that may be where the action (ie. employment) is.

I wonder if you've seen the following:

http://wireless.java.sun.com/midp/articles/midp20/
http://www.microjava.com/articles/techtalk/game_api

Additionally there is the JSR-000118 Mobile Information Device Profile
Specification 2.0 Final Release
at http://www.jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr118/index.html

From a programmer's standpoint, that should get one going I would think  --
but maybe not the cutting edge mastery you're looking for though.

Shawn