(keitai-l) Re: Clossing Walled Gardens and Java vs. NativeApplication

From: Oliver Wittchow <ow_at_nanoloop.com>
Date: 05/14/03
what makes me as a programmer feel so uncomfortable with java is not
just the restriction to a preset API but the poor actual implementation.
besides the necessary ones for security there are other, unnecessary
limitations such as the absence of a buffered player for audio (MIDI,
SMAF, WAV, whatever) for example. besides the represenation as byte
array, buffered playback is essential for multimedia programming and
it's frustrating not to have it though it's already there on a lower
software layer.
i feel like child beeing told "you're not old enough for these mature
functions" or "we know you don't need buffering".

oliver