(keitai-l) Re: DoCoMo's 64k PHS thingy

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 05/16/03
On Thu, 15 May 2003, Paul Hardy wrote:

> > Air-H" runs at 32k/s on their unlimited use plan at 5000 yen
> > a month or whatever it is.
>
> I've been using the b-mobile unlimited card which offers 128k, and have
> been happy with the service. It's running over the same network, I
> believe.

Yes, the over-the-air portion of the network is DDI's Air-H" network.
Note, also, that the 128K service doesn't actually give you a full 128K;
the reasons for this are unclear to me, but apparently the problem
exists on both b-mobile and Air-H". With b-mobile, last time I tested,
I was getting around 80-90 kbps. I'd be interested in working with
someone who has Air-H" 128K service to do some tests to see if it's any
different. (I'd also need to re-test my b-mobile service; my last tests
were done close to a year ago.)

cjs