(keitai-l) Re: AW: Is this the future? networks fusion?

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 05/16/03
On Fri, 16 May 2003, Philip Sidel wrote:

> That's my thinking as well.  The question is, do the network operators
> share this vision?  I've seen some slides from one of the major
> telecommunications companies here in Japan that suggests that they
> may...but I'm wondering how widespread this is.  We keep hearing about
> individual services, never (although you may all correct me) a bundle.

Which company was this? I know that Japan Communications Inc. (the guys
who sell the b-mobile service) is starting to bundle WiFi access with
their cards, though I don't know all the details of how it's being
marketed at the moment.

> >Looks interesting and I wonder how this will affect the telcos
> >still divided into different wire and wireless products and markets.
>
> Me too!  Anyone else care to weigh in on this one?

This may be the chance for MVNOs to get in their, bundle up access to
all sorts of different networks from all sorts of different providers,
and give consumers the whole lot with one bill.

cjs