(keitai-l) Re: AW: Is this the future? networks fusion?

From: Philip Sidel <psidel_at_iuj.ac.jp>
Date: 05/19/03
>On Fri, 16 May 2003, Philip Sidel wrote:
>
> > That's my thinking as well.  The question is, do the network operators
> > share this vision?  I've seen some slides from one of the major
> > telecommunications companies here in Japan that suggests that they
> > may...but I'm wondering how widespread this is.  We keep hearing about
> > individual services, never (although you may all correct me) a bundle.
>
>Which company was this? I know that Japan Communications Inc. (the guys
>who sell the b-mobile service) is starting to bundle WiFi access with
>their cards, though I don't know all the details of how it's being
>marketed at the moment.

I saw this at the Glocom Conference in Tokyo last November, when Shuji
Tomita from NTT presented his plans for WiFi service in
Japan.
http://www.glocom.org/special_topics/activity_rep/200211_tf_sum/slides/tomita.pdf
Check out slide #12 for a picture of how NTT is viewing the overall
universe of mobile communications.