(keitai-l) Re: 505i series and turn-type keitai

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 05/21/03
> twisty type phones are no more likely than candy bars to get the screen =
> scratched up...

Even flip type phones have scratched screens...the SO503iS for example
got scratched from the rubber protectors, which keep the screen away
from the keypad. Not too convincing.

> advantage is you can get to a lot of functions full screen straight =
> away, not via the subscreen.
> i note the SH505 now has 3 buttons on the outside of the phone under the =
> subdisplay, so some functions can be used without opening the phone (eg =
> taking a pic, discard, retake etc).

Uhm, I always thought a phone is first a phone? One day you wait for
an important call and before you can take it, you shot a pic of your
ear. Not too convincing.

> And what were J-Phone trying to prove by putting out all those lame =
> european phones at their booth?=20

J-Phone? There was no J-Phone booth at this exhibition.
It's Bodafone now.

> I understand <1% of consumers are really internationally roaming at any =
> one time. Is it worth the risk of associating your brand with those =
> super lame euro and US phones for the possible cachet of some =
> "international" jetset kone?
> http://nooper.co.jp/showcase/gallery.php?s=3D37&p=3D13&l=3Den     =
> =3Dbwahahaha!

I found them pretty exotic! :)

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing:  http://nooper.co.jp