(keitai-l) Re: Sony phones

From: Michael Sydenham <michaelsydenham_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 05/23/03
Hi Curt

>From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>

>On Fri, 23 May 2003, Michael Sydenham wrote:
>
> > jog & dial selector: I think this is pretty cool - a very practical way
> > perform text input that has no equal on other handsets I think.
>
>I thought so too, until I started using it. There are a couple of
>problems with it.

<snip>

>As for the text input, software makes much more of a difference. I like
>the predicative input of the SO503iS I'm using now, but why on earth is
>「。」 always the very last choice (after dozens of others) after 「です」?

On the SO504, after you type 「で」, the POBox will offer です and if you
select that, the very next predictive offering is 「。」 Also 「。」 is
associated with the * button, so you can reach  「。」 by pressing * twice.
Maybe this is an improvement in the 504 version.

Actually I just remembered one issue where the jog dial is not so practical.
Certain games require a constant press of up or down, and that is not
possible on the jog dial (since up/down is a one-shot affair).

Regards

Michael.