(keitai-l) Re: earthquake, but no noopie

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 05/26/03
> Well, I think that by default it only warns you of earthquake when the
> epicenter is less than 200km from Tokyo? This one was further away,
> around Sendai if I understand correctly.

working with email is *extremely* tricky...if we send too much email,
people complain. If we send too less, they also complain :)

As the others already pointed out, most people subscribed to the
default [200km] from [Tokyo] option and Nooper behaved completely
correct not to send any alert. What we learned is that we should
add an explanation to subscribe a second Noopie for the BIG quakes
like this one. I had to hold 2 of my printers, they almost felt
down.

And yes, I also subbed a new [any km] from [Tokyo] Noopie :)

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing:  http://nooper.co.jp