(keitai-l) Re: Jphone/ gaijin friendly store?

From: Timothy Mckinnon <mckint_at_ecomm.net.au>
Date: 06/02/03
Well, if your friend is "just visiting", then my experience has been that
TUKA prepaid are the easiest and least hassle. I have a few phones, but
always impressed on the "PRETTY PRE PAID SERVICE"  ITs a totally cash based
subscription, no credit card deductions, no monthly payments, no Alien
Card.... easy..

Pre paid cards can be purchased at most convenience stores, the service is
in English, you can get a bilingual phone (English AND Japanese)

The down side is it is expensive telephony. but, if you are visiting the
convenience is worth the extra. You can buy plug in recharge batteries from
the convenience store, and there is no need to take any action on your
account if you leave the country. just chuck the phone in your drawer until
you come back to japan. Then buy a card at a convenience store and you are
online again..... I use my PREPAID as a back up modem for my laptop, so I
can check mail on the Limosuine Bus coming into Tokyo in the morning.

You can even buy the prepaid cards at the airport, so you can make calls
within minutes of getting thru immigration.

Other companies are a little harder to deal with in terms of accounts,
deposits, accessability etc.

TIMBO

This mail was sent to address mckint@ecomm.net.au