(keitai-l) Re: Faster adoption of 3 W-CDMA in Italy than DoCoMo FOMA in Japan

From: Tom Hume <tom_at_futureplatforms.com>
Date: 06/10/03
This may be the case in Japan, but in Europe the situation is different.
One of our clients is a provider of wireless healthcare content (over WAP,
SMS, 3G and PDAs). They've been running since 2000, and whilst their
traffic is significant, it's less than half a million subscribers monthly.

There hasn't been much of a "subscription model" here until recently, so
flat license fees for content have been used by (some) operators: perhaps
this has helped. Multiple channels, particularly SMS, also give you an
opportunity to reach more consumers...

--
Future Platforms :: http://www.futureplatforms.com/
t +44 (0) 1273 718030 // m +44 (0) 7971 781422 // e tom@futureplatforms.com