(keitai-l) QuickTime 6.3 3gp output.

From: Jason Fields <jason_at_air-port.com>
Date: 06/13/03
Heya,

I recently had the opportunity to mess around with my
bosses Nokia 3650 and test out some QT 3gp mpeg files.
I was able to use bluetooth to send the files to his phone
from his Titanium powerbook.... they are accepted as
a message then you go and click on them and the RealOne
player opens and plays them... Currently there is not an
update to the RealOne player for the 3650 phone....

it seems that the phone or at least the version of the codec
on his phone does not support stereo? all i could get audio
wise was the 'speech' setting.... which is 12khz at 5 frames
per sample... pretty bad... is there a site which lists the
supported export parameters for the phone out now that
support 3gp? I couldnt find anything on the 3gpp site...

So far I have compiled my own list of which export settings
work on this phone with the new QuickTome 6.3 3gp export
tool... if anyone is interested I can send you an text file...

If there is a 3gp resource out there I am missing.. please let
me know... I would love to see some comparisons... ie. h.263
versus MPEG-Mobile, etc... short of posting my own... which
I could do...

Thanks,
Jason Fields.