(keitai-l) Re: photo intercompatibility between J-phone/au/docomo (key: kddi, png, compatibility, vodafone, Summer 2003)

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 06/17/03
On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Christian Anderson wrote:

> For example.  I'm on AU, and I want to send a pic to my friend with docomo.
> His email addy is someone@docomo.ne.jp, but sending directly there doesn't
> work, so instead send to someone@nem.jp.  nem.jp will process it for you,
> and then send a url to someone@docomo.ne.jp so they can see and save your
> picture.

This sounds extremely dodgy. These nem.jp folks have no web page, a name
of only "Humeia Registry Corporation / JP Domain Service Division", no
e-mail address (though there is a web form that claims it will forward
your message to whomever these anonymous folks are), and an obviously
phony street address and phone number. Who knows what folks like this
are doing with your pictures?

At any rate, for Docomo, I seem to recall that you can just send the the
picture to the appropriate e-mail address and the Docomo mail server
will take care of converting it appropriately. (E.g., to another,
non-camera docomo phone it will send a URL pointing to a copy of the
image stored on the web, for computers it will send the image as a JPEG
attachement, etc.)

cjs