(keitai-l) Re: uploading megapixel pictures

From: Michael Sydenham <michaelsydenham_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 06/17/03
Hi David

>From: "J. David Beutel" <jdb@getsu.com>
>To: keitai-l <KEITAI-L@appelsiini.net>
>Subject: (keitai-l) uploading megapixel pictures
>Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:23:43 +0900 (JST)
>

>Which keitai can upload its megapixel pictures within the next few months?
>(via phone, not card, cable, nor IR)

I guess you must have a special reason for not wanting to use the card,
since DoCoMo have publically stated the (obvious) reason for permitting card
transfers is that most people don't want to use the network to push around
large image files.

>The SO505i email is limited to i-shot (around 80K pixel?).  Is there some
>other way to transmit the higher resolutions?  Browser form-based file
>upload from the photo data folder?  I-appli DX access to the photo data
>folder?

Java access might be possible since I understand it is possible to access
camera data in 504iS. Does anyone know about 505 case?

>The A5401CA can email 300K pixels based on its 1000K pixel camera.  This
>is fine for me--much clearer than the A3012CA's 300K pixels from its 300K
>pixel camera.  But I can't stand the latency on the EZweb sites, so I hope
>there's a 505i coming out that can do the same thing with pictures
>somehow, even though Docomo is discouraging it (because of their sorry 9K
>baud upload rate, I assume).

I'm pretty sure it is 28.8k in the 505 case.

Regards

Michael.