(keitai-l) Re: Ntt DoCoMo i-mode enters the italian market with Wind

From: Ken Chang <carigate_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 06/22/03
DoCoMo's i-mode center and handsets are no good technology at all
until this year, while in Europe you only have to do what Japan -
i-mode, EZweb, and J-Sky - did two years ago.  I know handset is
a problem, but I see no big issue at the network/server side.
for one thing, J-Sky is still provided over CSD!  (the J-m0x series
handsets including the new J-SH010 has no packet data capability)

when I say "standard WAP", I mean "Openwave UP" (like "IBM PC").

I use an au/KDDI cdma2000 WAP 2.0 phone now and it can tell me
what I want.  thanks I don't need i-mode, though I'm very
interested in Flash Lite.  for almost everything else, J-SH53
(I don't like the design) is a better phone than any 505i models.