(keitai-l) Re: Physical connector spec

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 06/23/03
On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Darren Cook wrote:

> I've been trying to find information on the connector on the bottom of
> docomo (and other) phones. I know they can be connected to a PC to update
> the address book, but I wondered what else can be done, and how I go about
> writing PC software to use the connection.

Unfortuantely, information about this sort of thing is very hard to get.
It's not an "open" interface.

If you look back through the list archives, someone mentioned some Unix
open-source software for accesing the phone and getting phone numbers
and suchlike out of it. You could work from that. (I previously asked
this question because a few months back I bought a cable to let me hook
up my phone to a serial port. I've not yet had time to play around with
it yet, though.)

Let me answer the rest of your questions to the best of my knowledge:

> Is the spec on the interface available anywhere?

No.

> Is it safe to assume it is
> standard across all manufacturers for the same carrier?

No.

> Is it also stable,
> or do new functions get added with each new model number?

It's not stable; the functions vary across manufacturers and models.

cjs