(keitai-l) Removing "emoji" from a string...

From: Christian Anderson <chris_at_jobdragon.com>
Date: 06/26/03
Ok,

This is a bit of an ASP thing too, but I think someone in here might be able
to help.

Right now I'm updating my blog with my keitai, and everything works great
until I throw in an emoji.  Those little buggers screw up the html big-time.

Myself, I wont intentionally put an emoji into the blog, but I cant control
what others will do, so I have to find a way to remove emoji from a string.

I have found a few components that will detect what charset the string is,
which is kinda there, but it still doesnt just keep the English or Japanese
while trashing the emojis.  What I want to do is just check the string for
the existence of the emoji, and if they are there to get rid of them.

Does anyone have a list of what those little characters show up as on a PC?
I tried emailing them to my pc, but they just show up as obscure kanji,
dots, and blank spaces...

Anyone?

Chris