(keitai-l) Re: iAppli IMAP proxying service?

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 07/08/03
> My suspicion is that someone bought this particular address
> - i don't recall giving out anywhere but it is certainly
> possible. My only option is to change the address but that
> is going to cause considerable pain.

Mhm, why?

> Anyway, i've found a codebase that does the IMAP proxying
> that i mentioned. It's actually publicly available as part
> of a SunONE Studio download. I mean, where else would it be...

I don't really understand your objective anymore. You don't want
to change your docomo address, but want to use a IMAP proxy to
read your mail...this has nothing really to do with each other,
because the external mail (via IMAP, POP, whatever) is totally
independent of your docomo email.

So I try to guess...you maybe want to use an external address
as your main mobile address (aka the Curt Sampson way) and tell
this address to your friends and read this mail via your homegrown
IMAP proxy.

It sounds to me that the effort of telling all your friends your
new non-Keitai address which you will read on your Keitai is the
same effort of changing the docomo address and tell this address
to your friends.

People in Japan have a high tolerance if you tell them that you
change your email address, it happens all the time.

Anyway, I am confused what you want to achieve.

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing:  http://nooper.co.jp