(keitai-l) Re: iAppli IMAP proxying service?

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 07/08/03
On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Ken Chang wrote:

> Curt how do you send messages from your DoCoMo mobile?
> directly or through a SMTP relay?

I put the recipient's e-mail address in the subject line, or as the
first line of the e-mail if I want a non-standard subject or the e-mail
address is too long. I send the mail to an address on my server where
it's munged to have the correct To:, From:, etc. headers and then sent
on to the final recipient.

It's actually not at all inconvenient to do this on the phones I've
used so far. When reading a mail, I copy the e-mail address, or I go
to my address book and copy the e-mail address. I then hit "reply" or
"create", chose my special destination address out of my address book,
and paste the real recipient's address.

cjs