(keitai-l) Re: Common web sites on J-Sky Internet

From: Greg Conquest <conquest_at_spamcop.net>
Date: 07/09/03
From: "Paul Hardy" <>
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 22:11

> > So, Google Beta for J-Phone, whatever the URL, is not filtering search
> results to give only J-Phone compatible sites.
>
> If you follow the hits through, many of them may work, so it appears
> Google's translation appears to function on followed links as well as
> the search page itself.

I noticed the "followability" of the links from that search as well, and was
surprised at that, but it is just a coincidence, I tink. As I said, I get
the same number of hits from a PC-based google search. However, I could be
wrong if:
1) the results were being ranked for J-Phone compatability (MML and simple
html sites heavily weighted)
2) the links are being "translated" by the google j-phone beta page.

Anybody think either 1 or 2 above is going on?

Greg Conquest