(keitai-l) Re: F505i

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 07/11/03
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Jon Ellis wrote:

> > And speaking of fingerprint functionality, what on earth is this
> > "chibiwan friends" i-Appli?
>
> chibi - small, wan - dog (as in, wan-chan). You can use to the fingerprint
> functionality to "stroke" the dog (nadete -> naderu - stroke or pet).

Yes, after further investigation I found another, longer description of
the i-Appli that explained that much. (Though I hadn't connected "wan"
with the "wan wan" of a dog--fortunately the description came right out
and said "inu.")

But I still don't understand it! Maybe it's just one of these
inexplicable Japanese things....

> How odd.

Indeed!

cjs