(keitai-l) Re: Spam From Docomo Users?

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 07/11/03
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, J. David Beutel wrote:

> 2. Is there a "remote keyboard" function via the serial cable?  Some
> automated spam software on a PC could emulate the key presses.

Yes, there is. So you're right; they could be doing this. Though still,
the bill, at even just 0.3 yen per spam, is going to be more than two
thousand bucks to hit a million users. That seems awfully silly when
they could be sending to my personal computer account from a non-docomo
system for a small fraction of that cost.

> I get lots of "cmail" spam on AU.  Is "cmail" free?  As far as I know,
> "cmail" is strictly phone-to-phone, but I assume they automate it somehow.

I'd heard somewhere that they AU was actually selling cmail spam. Do you
pay for incoming cmail? Or is it just inconvenient?

At any rate, that sort of thing is not a problem for me since I don't
have the option to do that phone-to-phone mail turned on on my phone.

cjs