(keitai-l) Re: F505i

From: Jofre Palau <jofrepalau_at_yahoo.es>
Date: 07/11/03
Unfortunately I'm not a developer and I can't provide you with a example
that implements that solution. More over all applications that I have belong
to Content Providers that for sure wont allow me to send them, but I can
assure you that all DoJa applications that I have seen, use that workaround
to avoid the 30Kb limitation.

J2ME-MIDP implemented in GSM don't have a "standardized" limitation but a
handset hardware limitation that ranges from 30Kb (ie:Nokia 6310i) to 300Kb
(i.e Nokia 7650). J2ME-DoJa 1.5/2.0 profile sets a fixed limitation of 30Kb
in the profile itself. Also sets that the maximum HTTP Request size from a
DoJa application is 10Kb so the mentioned "workaround" has to do several
requests to the server to download the whole application.

A "jar" file in fact is a MIDlet Suite with different midlets within. For
security reasons a MIDlet can only share information with or call to a
MIDlet that belongs to the same MIDlet Suite. Normally a MIDlet Suite (aka a
"jar" file) contains ony a single MIDlet.

Hope this helps,

Jofre