(keitai-l) Re: bodifone

From: Thomas O'Dowd <tom_at_nooper.com>
Date: 07/17/03
On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 20:06, dc wrote:
> I believe for within J-Phone (aka skymail) you can also use all kinds of
> illegal characters within your email addy. eg
>
> 	howu?@jp-t.ne.jp
>
> is legal. and I also recall being able to send to an addy like this across
> networks (from docomo). gak.

Whats wrong with that address? the question mark is perfectly valid as
far as I know. The local part can be any ascii character above 0x1F, but
not including 0x7F, nor some other specials, namely: ()<>@,;:\"[] or
space, unless you use quotes in which case the specials are allowed. so
something like "M@[SH505i] Rocks:-)"@nooper.com is a perfectly valid
address, although it isn't exactly going to reach me :)

That said, expect some mail problems... For example, my email client
tried to email M@[SH505i]. (it threw away the rest).  Trying it on the
command line worked though. It goes to our mail server without a
hitch...

2003-07-17 21:04:11 19d7UZ-0006w1-00 <= tom@nooper.com U=tom P=local
S=56
2003-07-17 21:04:11 19d7UZ-0006w1-00 => "M@[SH505i] Rocks:-)"@nooper.com
R=lookphost T=remote_smtp H=mail.nooper.com [211.19.35.147]
2003-07-17 21:04:11 19d7UZ-0006w1-00 Completed

Now I wonder if we start getting spam to this address, when it goes into
the archives :-)

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd  - Got a keitai? Get Nooped!
tom_at_nooper.com - http://nooper.com