(keitai-l) mobile music / ringtones

From: Mayall, Steve <Steve.Mayall_at_informa.com>
Date: 07/21/03
Hello all

I'm writing an analysis of the global market for music over mobile which wi=
ll be published by Baskerville in the UK

I have a pretty clear picture of the European and US markets but I could re=
ally use some insight into the Japanese environment at the moment - for exa=
mple=20

are ringtones still the most popular form of mobile entertainment content o=
r have they been overtaken by games / anything else

has the market become so saturated that the value of ringtones is now dilut=
ed?

what next?

I spoke to someone from a big US ringtone company who said that Japan is hi=
s crystal ball - so some fist-hand insight would be very useful ..=20

please email me at steve.mayall@informa.com

thanks

Steve Mayall
reporter / analyst

Mobile Media   =20
Mobile Messaging Analyst  =20

T: +44 20 7017 4258
F: +44 20 7017 5698
Mobile: +44 7968 107647

steve.mayall@informa.com

http://www.baskerville.telecoms.com/mobilemedia

Mobile Media is a fortnightly executive newsletter covering commerce, conte=
nt and applications in the mobile space.

Baskerville
Informa Telecoms Group
Mortimer House, 5 fl.
37-40 Mortimer Street
London W1T 3JH
UK

Baskerville=20
an Informa Group company

*****
The information contained in this email message may be confidential. If you=
 are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or =
copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited. Although this mess=
age and any attachments are believed to be free of viruses, no responsibili=
ty is accepted by Informa for any loss or damage arising in any way from re=
ceipt or use thereof.  Messages to and from the company are monitored for o=
perational reasons and in accordance with lawful business practices.=20
If you have received this message in error, please notify us by return and =
delete the message and any attachments.  Further enquiries/returns can be s=
ent to postmaster@informa.com