(keitai-l) Re: Moblog Appli

From: Sam Joseph <gaijin_at_yha.att.ne.jp>
Date: 07/24/03
  Hi David.

J. David Beutel wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Sam Joseph wrote:
>

>>Although admittedly I had to add a Base64 encoding module so that my
>>blog could handle the incoming images.  It seems not all blogs are set
>>up by default to handle the full xmlrpc api - but at least there is a
>>standard framework.  As far a moblogging goes we just seem to have lots
>>

>I don't know any blog APIs, but Base64 encoding is standard MIME (and
>HTTP).  Post is also just HTTP.  Where does XML RPC come in?

Well a number of blog softwares are now supporting a blog api that can
be accessed over XMLRPC

http://www.blogger.com/developers/api/1_docs/

I think Blogger was the first, but UserLand, MT and others are
supporting the same API , each to some degree of compatibility.

XMLRPC is another standard for sending data over XML via HTTP (or other
comms) it is a kind of lightweight version of SOAP, and it seems it is a
Dave Winer spawn

http://www.xmlrpc.com

there are java implementations:

Java Client and Server:    http://ws.apache.org/xmlrpc/
J2ME client:                    http://kxmlrpc.enhydra.org/

>>got most of the other functionality working, so I think I'll leave it
>>there for a while, instead I'm going to focus now on getting the same
>>thing running on JPhone and AU and on finding somewhere to host the
>>

>I can beta test on AU.

I better get cracking on an AU version then ...

CHEERS> SAM