(keitai-l) Re: SMS vs email?

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 07/31/03
Some of you guys are wrong that there is no short message
service on DoCoMo's PDC network. You did not read section
11.4 of the imode-faq
http://www.eurotechnology.com/imode/faq-email.html

There is a shortmail service called iMS on DoCoMo's PDC.
When you send an email and input a mobile phone number as the
email address you get a choice to send the email as an
imode-email or as a short message. Try it out, and you'll see
that the two message paths are totally different...

iMS is not equal to GMS-style SMS, but it's a short message
service. I am not sure many people use it, but I have.

Gerhard

Ken Chang wrote:
> to be sure everyone have SMS in Japan except the DoCoMo PDC network,
> which has near 60% of all subscribers.
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/
Find us in "IBM developerWorks" and in "Chemical & Engineering News":
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-elite8.html
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8049/8049bus1.html