(keitai-l) Re: P505i

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 08/07/03
On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, J. David Beutel wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Thomas O'Dowd wrote:
>
> > http://505i.nttdocomo.co.jp/product/p505i_top.html
>
> Ooo, one feature is "high-speed imode communications".  Funny, they don't
> say how fast that is.

It's 28.8 kbps, as with the 504 series. (As opposed to 9.6 kbps, for all
previous i-mode phones. Also, this is download only, upload is still 9.6
kbps.)

> It's strange that one feature they don't list up front (in the icons) is
> the camera size (it's 0.3 megapixel).

Not at all strange; you don't promiently mention a feature that doesn't
compare well to your competitors. (Most of the 505 series have 1
megapixel or greater cameras.)

Does anybody know anything about the group scheduling that it does? Does
this P-SQUARE thing also allow you to see and manipulate your schedule
from a personal computer's web browser or whatever? If so, that would be
cool. (Though perhaps there are already i-appli out there that do this.)

But other than that, nothing really struck me as a particularly cool
feature about this keitai. I've got to get my hands on a connected
Fujitsu to check out how slow the rendering really on web pages; it's
going to have to be pretty bad (and the panasonic pretty good) before
I'd switch. (But, from my experimentation with a disconnection Fujitusu,
it might well be that bad.)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org