(keitai-l) Re: SMAF subsequence list

From: Paul Lester <paul_at_thetamusic.com>
Date: 08/07/03
    I don't know of any sample files.  I've never tried it because the format seems
more complex than the original format.

    Sorry I can't help on this one.  Just two weeks ago I reread through that
part of the specs also while working on stuff related to the
"seek and phrase info chunk".  And at the time I did a search
for sample files of the type you describe and came up empty.

    If the ringtone sources were in a format other than midi that had
lots of relooped stuff, it would be great to try out this more compact form.
The reason I haven't is that midi is nothing like this format and most of
the ringtone sources are made in midi.

Oliver Wittchow wrote:

> hello
>
> according to the SMAF file format specification there is an optional
> "seek and phrase info chunk" which allows to define different regions of
> the sequence as phrases and play them in an order defined in a
> "subsequence list". this feature would allow very compact files as it is
> much more flexible than simple loop points.
>
> though the specification is very detailed about this point the files i
> create cannot be played.
> the official yamaha tools do not provide this function, so i can't
> generate sample files to study. also the yamaha smaf-support does not
> answer my questions.
>
> is there a tool that can create/handle subsequence/phrase lists?
>
> any information, especially sample files, would be welcome.
>
> cheers
>
> oliver
>
> This mail was sent to address paul@thetamusic.com

Paul B. Lester