(keitai-l) Re: keitai to be usable on all subway stations -- Imi nai jan

From: Ken Chang <carigate_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 08/10/03
> Since you're not supposed to use cell phones on the train, what's
> the point of setting up cellular friendly trains/subways?

I'm not sure if we could simply interpret it as "Japanese".

for decades, Japanese police have been very tolerant to bosozoku -
the motorcycle gangs, because they are an important market sector
of Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Yamaha.

not only the subways, for 8 years the Japanese cellular operators
have been quite "ignorant" to extend coverage to in-building areas,
car parks, and basement (well, you can find a DoCoMo IMCS in-door
antenna at Roppongi Motown-2, but there are too few of them).

those areas are supposed to be the territory intensionally left
for PHS, and why we are able to enjoy more and more indoor coverage
recently is because (thanks) the collapse of the PHS voice service.