(keitai-l) Re: (no subject)

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 08/13/03
Ken,
can you be a bit more precise? This depends on what you are
talking about, and also the cost and numbers involved.

e.g. if you want to buy 500,000 and pay for them, then very much
will be possible.

If you want to change the software on one single phone - then you can
do it yourself, or you can award a cash prize to the first person
who achieves this, something like the prize for making LINUX run
on an X-Box - this is totally non-trivial to achieve and a hell of
a lot of work.

If you are talking about getting a Japanese PDC phone to work
for GSM in Europe, forget it: no chance. Buy a GSM phone.

Gerhard

ken imamura wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if there are any tools you can use to change the software
> in a mobile phone and systems like I-mode and european systems?
>
> Ken
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/
Find us in "IBM developerWorks" and in "Chemical & Engineering News":
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-elite8.html
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8049/8049bus1.html